Are you running out of ideas on what to give your
scavengers kids for snack time at school? I know I suffer from brain fuzz sometimes when it comes to making it healthy and interesting without giving them the same things all the time. So here are my suggestions, and feel free to add yours in the comments!
- Sakata rice crackers- the whole grain ones are delicious and have no flavour enhancers or any other bad stuff. Yummy flavours and tasty!
- A tub of sultanas, banana chips and nuts
- Frozen berries (Aldi sells boxes of frozen berries for $5.00. Waaaay cheaper than the fresh variety and really yummy once they’ve thawed!)
- Frozen berries in organic natural yoghurt (Aldi also has awesome organic natural yoghurt…)
- Tune, avocado and plain natural yoghurt dip (to go with the rice crackers)
- Chopped fruit (I find the whole apple will get eaten more often if I have chopped it up rather than left it whole)
- A tub of cold meat and cheese
- Organic cheese flavoured corn chips (again, good ol’ Aldi has the organice kind, nice and cheap, with no nasty stuff)
- Tin of baked beans (good cold and straight from the tin according to my 5yo)
- Oven baked pita bread broken up into “chips” and sprinkled with herbs
- Home made gluten free biscuits (like oat and raisen) yummy!
- Chopped carrots and celery to go with the tuna and avocado dip
There, lots of ideas to rotate, none of them leaving you feeling guilty.